If you’re looking for kindergarten activities your kids will love, you’ve come to the right spot. Just click on one of the skills below and you’ll be taken to a huge collection of effective, creative ways to make learning fun for kids.
Whether you’re a teacher in need of easy ways to supplement your curriculum, or you’re a parent who wants to take the guess work out of teaching your child at home, these kindergarten activities are sure to do the trick.
You can check out all of our free printables in one spot!
Help kindergarteners become big kids by teaching them important life skills.
Help kindergarteners build a solid foundation of math skills by playing motivating games.
Solidify pre-reading skills like rhyming and syllable segmenting, then move on to letter names and sounds, word families and sight words.
- Letter names
- Letter sounds
- Know major spelling patterns for long and short vowel sounds
- Sight Words
- Word Families
- Breaking words into syllables
- Make new words by swapping out the middle sounds (cat –> cut, etc.)
- Name first, middle vowel and ending sound of words
- Read left to right, top to bottom and page to page
- Understand that words are made up of letters
- Understand that words are separated by spaces
Get little Einsteins excited about science with some simple, insanely cool activities.
Add a few brilliant classroom management tips and teaching hacks to your can’t wait to try list.
Teach kids how to sound out words, stretch out stories and more with these engaging writing projects.
FOR MORE ADVANCED KINDERGARTENERS: