HERE’S HOW TO USE IT:
1. Simply copy and paste the teacher letter into an email you’ll send out to students’ families on the same day each week. (Sundays work well because families have time to map out when they’ll do each activity.)
2. Add the sight words you want your students to work on in the Flip & Write game in the student pack.
3. Make sure to attach the student packet to the email and then hit “send”.
4. On Friday, students’ families will send you a quick note letting you know how many of the activities they were able to finish. The weekly check in is a great chance to connect with kids who may be feeling unsettled about the unexpected separation, so we encourage you to take a couple of minutes to reply with a personal note of congratulations.
5. If your school will be closed again the following week, grab the next pack in the set and repeat steps 1-4. We promise to publish new packs by Thursday so that you have plenty of time to get them in students’ hands.
And as we go along, if you have a specific skill or theme you’d like to see in a weekly pack, please drop me a quick note and we’ll add it to the list. We are in this together!
“This resource was a lifesaver. I sent it home for each student along with my ideas for using the activities in this packet (along with things they may have at home) to address each student’s IEP goals.” – Lori B.
“This resource helped me plan for and adjust my lessons and instructional techniques for distance learning. Shared educational materials with my students for distance learning.” – Rebecca E.
“Amazing resource to provide to parents. Many activities that are fun and do not require a printer. My focus with my students has started to be, no new learning, just practice math facts, reading, and journal writing. I love getting a picture of their journal and they share one of the fun activities that they did with their families. Thanks for reminding us that 1st graders just need to have fun while learning/practicing skills.” – Elizabeth L.
CUSTOMERS ALSO LOVE: