If you’re looking for first grade activities your kids will love, you’ve come to the right spot. Just click on one of the skills below and you’ll be taken to a huge collection of effective, creative ways to make learning fun for kids.
Whether you’re a teacher in need of awesome ways to supplement your curriculum, or you’re a parent who wants to take the guess work out of teaching your child at home, these first grade activities are sure to do the trick.
You can check out all of our free printables in one spot!
Help first graders build a solid foundation of math skills by playing motivating games.
FOR MORE ADVANCED FIRST GRADERS:
Solidify pre-reading skills like rhyming and syllable segmenting, then move on to letter names and sounds, word families and sight words.
- Know spelling of common digraphs (-sh, -ch, -th)
- Sound out one syllable words
- Know magic -e and vowel teams that make long vowel sounds
- Sound out syllables by counting vowel sounds
- Sight words
- Word families
- Long vs. short vowels
- Blending phonemes including consonant blends
- Isolate beginning, middle and ending sounds in words
- Capitalize at the start of a sentence
- End a sentence with a punctuation mark
Get little Einsteins excited about science with some simple, insanely cool activities.
Add a few brilliant classroom management tips and teaching hacks to your can’t wait to try list.
Teach kids how to sound out words, stretch out stories and more with these engaging writing projects.