HERE’S HOW TO USE IT:
1. Simply copy and paste the teacher letter into an email you’ll send out to students’ families on the same day each week. (Sundays work well because families have time to map out when they’ll do each activity.)
2. Add the sight words you want your students to work on in the Flip & Write game in the student pack.
3. Make sure to attach the student packet to the email and then hit “send”.
4. On Friday, students’ families will send you a quick note letting you know how many of the activities they were able to finish. The weekly check in is a great chance to connect with kids who may be feeling unsettled about the unexpected separation, so we encourage you to take a couple of minutes to reply with a personal note of congratulations.
5. If your school will be closed again the following week, grab the next pack in the set and repeat steps 1-4. We promise to publish new packs by Thursday so that you have plenty of time to get them in students’ hands.
And as we go along, if you have a specific skill or theme you’d like to see in a weekly pack, please drop me a quick note and we’ll add it to the list. We are in this together!
“This resource was a lifesaver. I sent it home for each student along with my ideas for using the activities in this packet (along with things they may have at home) to address each student’s IEP goals.” – Lori B.
“I sent this packet to my students while we are away from school due to COVID19. I have received so much positive feedback from my parents. I have also received many pictures of my students engaged in some of the activities. Thank you so much for this valuable resource!” – Beth C.
“Love, love, love this packet! Helped very much with distance learning.” – Brenda F.
CUSTOMERS ALSO LOVE