Second Grade at Home – Week Three
Just like last week, I’m excited to give you just-right activities for your students to complete at home so that they hit the ground running when school starts back up again.
By popular request, I added a sheet of reading comprehension questions parents can use during read-alouds PLUS an engaging science experiment kids can complete using just a Ziploc bag, a couple drops of food coloring and a Sharpie!
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND:
–> A teacher letter you can copy and paste in an email to quickly explain your plan to families.
–> A weekly checklist giving kids 25 simple (and fun!) ways to stay engaged and learning.
–> 4 print-and-play activities practicing vowel teams and R influenced words, sight words, adding together equal sized groups to get ready for multiplication, beginning fractions, and problem solving.
–> 1 sheet of reading comprehension questions parents can print off and use during read alouds.
–> 1 easy-to-follow science experiment teaching kids about the water cycle.
HERE’S HOW TO USE IT:
1. Simply copy and paste the teacher letter into an email you’ll send out to students’ families on the same day each week. (Sundays work well because families have time to map out when they’ll do each activity.)
2. Add the sight words you want your students to work on in the Tic-Tac-Toe game in the student pack.
3. Make sure to attach the student packet to the email and then hit “send”.
4. On Friday, students’ families will send you a quick note letting you know how many of the activities they were able to finish. The weekly check-in is a great chance to connect with kids who may be feeling unsettled about the unexpected separation, so we encourage you to take a couple of minutes to reply with a personal note of congratulations.
5. If your school will be closed again the following week, grab the next pack in the set and repeat steps 1-4. We promise to publish new packs by Thursday so that you have plenty of time to get them in students’ hands.
And as we go along, if you have a specific skill or theme you’d like to see in a weekly pack, please drop me a quick note and we’ll add it to the list. We are in this together!
CUSTOMERS ALSO LOVE