Snowman Button Counting Puzzles

I love activities that put a seasonal twist on learning important concepts, and these snowman button counting puzzles do just that! They are a great math center or hands-on learning activity for preschool or kindergarteners this winter.

Snag your activity and then check out our Number Formation Pack in our shop!

Getting Ready

I always print clip cards and puzzles on cardstock so that we can reuse them each year without needing to reprint. They hold up well in the classroom – they need extra durability when little hands are at play!

After laminating the cards (below), I cut along the black lines to separate the numbered snowmen from their buttons and made two piles of puzzles pieces: one of snowmen and one of buttons.

snowman-button-counting-puzzles-1

Snowman Button Counting Puzzles

Now that it was set up, we were ready to play! This was a great opportunity for my small group to work on number order as well as number recognition, counting and subitizing (recognizing sets or quantities instantly without counting).

Before counting buttons and matching them to their snowmen, we first lined up the snowmen on the table from 1 to 10. Then, we took turns picking a button card and counting the buttons, pointing to each button as we said the numbers to work on our one-to-one correspondence.

“1, 2, 3 –  3 buttons, so these buttons belong to the number 3 snowman!” Once we counted a set, we paired them up with their owner – the snowman with the matching numeral.

We kept playing and pairing up buttons to snowmen until each puzzle piece had a match.

You could also make these counting puzzles self-correcting for kids to play on their own by writing the numeral in small print on the back of the button cards. Then students could then check their answer after they pair them up.

snowman-button-counting-puzzles-2

Grab Your Download

Ready to count some buttons and give them back to their snowmen?

Snag your activity and then snag our Number Formation Pack for more math fun!

Our members get MORE!

1. verna

Thank you.

2. Sara

• Kimberleigh

Welcome, Sara- enjoy!
      Kimberleigh

3. Ariel Figueroa

The puzzles look great but the button doesn’t work. Could you please email it? Thanks in advance.

• Kimberleigh

Hello Ariel,
      I am sorry you are having trouble download, it sounds like pop-ups might be blocked on your computer, to fix this, please go to settings on your computer and allow pop-ups from our site.
      Then click the dark blue DOWNLOAD HERE button.
      I hope this helps!
      Kimberleigh // Happiness Ambassador

4. Ashley

Hi I am trying to download the snowman button counting puzzles, but it is bringing me to a page saying Its a bad lead. Would you be able to email it to me? Thanks!

5. Griselda

Hi! I’m trying to print the snowman button puzzle, but it says the page can’t be found. is this no longer available>

6. Huda Mikhail

Hi! I have clicked the blue-button above however it brings me to another page that says, “This page couldn’t be found, so let’s get you turned around!” Could you send me by email?

7. Jenn

8. Aleeyah

Hi!
    Trying to access the printable and the button isn’t working. Could you please email it to me? Thank you!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Snowman Addition Puzzles - Playdough To Plato - […] snowman button counting puzzles were such a hit for counting practice, that I was excited to add in these…
  2. Snowman Word Search Free Printable | Learning Ideas for Parents - […] to Plato has a fun snowman button counting puzzle activity that would be lots of […]