Reading Cheat Sheets

Activities for ages 3 to 8.

Do some of your students struggle to read but you’re not sure how to help?

Have you ever imagined having an easy cheat sheet for picking “just right” reading lessons for every student in class?

Wish. Granted.

Whether you need a quick reference to help you plan your reading group instruction or you’re not sure how to help one of your struggling readers, these free reading cheat sheets will help point you in the right direction.

Just grab your copy (below) and print them on plain white paper or color code them by printing on bright neon.

Then slide them into your guided reading binder so you can pull them out quickly when you need them.

For Pre-Readers

If your students are building foundational skills, work your way through the list of pre-reading lessons including picking a “just right” book, finding a good reading spot that’s free from distractions and reading the whole time – instead of wandering to the bathroom, talking with a friend, or staring at the wall. 😉

For Accuracy

If you notice kids are making mistakes as they read, pull out the accuracy page for a list of lesson ideas.

Options include teaching students how to connect books with their own life, making predictions about what is going to happen next and revising their guesses as they go along.

For Fluency

When you have children who need to work on reading more quickly, grab the fluency page for inspiration.

Show them how to read strings of 2 to 5 sight words fluently, hone in on tricky spelling patterns like digraphs and have them reread to build their speed.

For Comprehension

And last but not least, when students need to practice reading comprehension, show them how to think from different characters’ points of view or retell what happened in the beginning, middle and end.

Grab Your Free Copy

Save tons of time differentiating your reading lessons and click the blue download button below to grab our free reading cheat sheets and then join the waitlist for The Reading Roadmap so you can get EVERY student bigger reading results!

Save time, stay inspired and get EVERY student bigger results!

1. Donna Martin

I just wanted to say thank you. These charts are wonderful 🙂

• Kimberleigh

Hooray, we love to hear that!
      Happy reading!
      Kimberleigh

2. Jan Colby

These are very helpful as are all of your products. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Kimberleigh

Hooray! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are here because of folks like you.
      Have a wonderful day,
      Kimberleigh

3. Kimberleigh

Hello Jill,
    I am happy to help and have emailed the link to you.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Kimberleigh

4. Kelly Mahan

Nice resources for teachers! It definitely helps a lot to know where to focus on for each individual child.

• Kimberleigh

Hello Kelly,
      Thank you so much for your kind words- we are here because of folks like you!
      Have a wonderful weekend.
      Kimberleigh

• Kimberleigh

Hooray Jessica! I am so glad they will be a great resource for you this next year.
      Enjoy!
      Kimberleigh

5. Suzanne

Hi, I am having trouble downloading too. Will you please email too me as well. Thanks, Suzanne

• Kimberleigh

Hello Suzanne,
      Thank you so much for reaching out. I have emailed you.
      Kimberleigh

6. Kimberleigh

Hello Elizabeth,
    I am happy to help and have emailed you.
    Kimberleigh

7. Wendy

Do you have a math cheat sheet? I think that this is great, and would love one for math.

• Kimberleigh

Hello Wendy,
      Thank you so much for reaching out- what a great idea! We will add it to the wish list.
      Have a wonderful week,
      Kimberleigh // Happiness Ambassador

8. Anika

Hi,

Such a great resource! I’ve been trying to get a copy, but for some reason it won’t work 🙁

9. Rebecca Pilbrough

These are great and I would like to use them unfortunately I am unable to download them.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

• Ashley

Hi Rebecca,
      Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry you’re having trouble downloading. We never want that. Please check out our troubleshooting video HERE for help. You’ll also want to make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader Other and that you’re allowing pop ups from our site. This particular freebie is sent to your email, so be sure to check your spam folder as well. If you still can’t get it to work, you can email me at hello@playdoughtoplato.com
      Ashley // Happiness Ambassador